Wednesday, June 11, 2014

World cup fever





Who’s ready for the World cup? No wait let me say it in a different way. Are you ready for the World cup!!? I know I am. If you aren’t, then I’d say ya’ll get ready very soon because they’ll start tomorrow. Because of all the different time zones, a few matches will be played by night and even at midnight. So be prepared for some screaming hooligans and craziness that will kick off.


When I was a little girl I was surrounded by men. Especially during the Summer all the men in my family came together every two years just to watch football. Not only am I talking about the Europe cup, the World cup or the Africa cup, nope, the Champions leagues are included. So when I was younger I hated it so badly. I didn’t own the TV nor the remote and I couldn’t even stay focused by playing with my Barbie dolls because of all the yelling and screaming towards the TV. But as I got older things changed. There was a football game during dinner so I just had to watch along with the guys. I can still remember me watching with these big eyes not believing what handsomeness I saw running across the field. Okay yeah it sounds crazy but I started to like watching football but only for the players and thinking “what have I been missing all these years?!” so the guys started to yell, OFF SIDE, CORNER, RED CARD, YELLOW CARD, PENALTY etc. And I was wondering what they were talking about. So I asked and learned. That’s when I started to like football/soccer as a sport even though I can’t stop watching it without drooling. You really don’t want to know how many times I had those moments when I was far away with my thoughts and all of the sudden daddy asked for the scores (yup awkward). But I can’t help the fact that some players look jaw dropping hot. I’ve got my calendar for the World cup, which will be played in Brazil this year and I really can’t wait to see how it all goes down. The games will be played during my exam week so I might not see all of them. And that also counts for you. Don’t get distracted, you can always see the scores (and the matches) on the internet, thank God for recaps, but you might not be able to re-do your exams. Boys, don’t be too harsh on your girl, they just need to understand, and ladies, let the guys just watch the games without bothering them. So keep that in mind and we’ll all stay happy. Except if their favourite team loses, then you’ll have to look at a grumpy face all day O.O


I was thinking about showing you some nail art about football during the month of the World cup, let me know what you think, I’m open to suggestions! Also share with me which country you support. So ladies and gentleman, let the games begin!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...